Book Trailer Competition
The overall winner of the book trailer competition was ...
Tyler Clarke from Kittiwake with his excellent book trailer for 'Captain Underpants.'
Tyler has won a book of his choice, as well as a delightful bookmark and certificate.
Check out his winning entry below
The winner from each class also wins a bookmark and a certificate - see below for the class winners:
Year 6: 'Gangsta Granny' by Lexie Henson
Well done to everyone that took part, I really enjoyed all of your entries.
Welcome to Mr.Brightman’s KS2 Book Trailer Competition!
What is a ‘Book Trailer?’
A book trailer is similar to a film trailer – a short video to persuade the viewer to read the story.
To give you an idea, here’s my book trailer about one of my favourite books, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien:
What do I win?
The overall winner will win a book of their choice!
The winner from each class will win a certificate and a bookmark (limited edition as they are designed by me!)
How do I create one?
1. Pick one of your favourite books (or one that will be good to make a trailer about)
1. Go to Adobe Spark Video Maker
2. Start a new project
3. Name your trailer
4. On the ‘Pick a story template’ page, select ‘Make My Own’
5. Play the video tutorial to learn how to create your video
6. When your trailer is finished, click on ‘Share,’ copy the link and email it to me at
When is the closing date?
The competition will close on Monday 20th April at midday (after the Easter Holidays.)
I will announce the winner on Friday 24th April.
I am really looking forward to see what you come up with – good luck!
Miss you all,