Parents and Carers
At Birklands Primary we try to involve parents and carers as much as possible in your child's learning and development:
- Newsletters are sent home regularly to keep you in touch with everything that is happening at school.
- Curriculum Newsletters are sent home at the beginning of each term from classteachers to inform parents on specific learning within each class.
- Parents Information Evenings are held in each term so that parents can speak to the class teacher.
- A report on progress and attainment is sent out at the end of the school year.
Having your say...
We encourage all parents to let us know how we are doing informally throughout the year. We also have the end of year parents' questionnaire which parents fill in.
Parents can also give their views on the Ofsted Parent View website.
School Data Dashboard
Ofsted have recently launched a new School Data Dashboard which will provide a snapshot of school performance at Key Stages 1 and 2 and can be used by parents, school governors and by members of the public to check the performance of the school in which they are interested.
The Dashboard complements the Ofsted school Inspection Report by providing an analysis of school performance over a three-year period.
Data can be filtered by key stage or by topic:
- Expected progress
- Narrowing the gap between disadvantaged and other pupils
The School Data Dashboard is available from Ofsted via http://dashboard.ofsted.gov.uk/ and this link also provides further links to a Guidance Document and a Frequently Asked Questions page.
- House Points
Weekly totals (Whole School - 17/06/2019)
- Competition winners!
Congratulations to Year 3 for winning £100! (Year 3 - 07/11/2018)
- Junior School Councillors
Congratulations to Jake and Lilla for winning Siskin’s election! (Year 3 - 10/09/2018)
Welcome to Miss Watson (Whole School - 30/03/2018)
- Cracking good entries to the easter competition
What an amazing standard of entries to the PTFA Easter competition this year. (Whole School - 28/03/2018)